STEP: Systematic Training for Effective Parenting on DVD
The STEP parenting program is an effective, seven-session
planned training curriculum that focuses on topics important to parents today. This course provides valuable tools
communication among family members and lessens conflict. Easy to understand and apply, STEP presents effective skills that can be used
immediately. Dynamic video vignettes let parents see how easy it is to put STEP to work in the home everyday!
For parents of school-age children - ages 6 through 12.
Click Above Order TODAY!
The STEP parenting program delivers in just 7 sessions
- Understanding Yourself and Your Child
- Understanding Beliefs and Feelings
- Encouraging Your Child and Yourself
- Listening and Talking to Your Child
- Helping Children Learn to Cooperate
- Discipline that Makes Sense
Parent's Handbook covers today's important issues
STEP's handbook for parents includes essential topics such as single parents, stepfamilies, cooperation in the
family, schoolwork and homework, drugs, violence, and gangs. STEP is easy to use
with chapter openers that relate the contents to real-life situations. Also included are at-home activities that help parents apply STEP ideas and an index
to locate topics easily.
Leader's Resource Guide offers detailed guidelines
STEP parenting program materials come in a convenient three-ring binder. The materials include detailed
session guides and essential information on group leadership. The guide also
- Group discussion guidelines.
- Supplemental activities for additional practice and discussion.
- Parent survey and evaluation form that can be used as a pretest and
posttest to provide a way to measure the effectiveness of your group, based on parents' comments.
- Parent's Handbook-easy-to-read handbook for parents. Order copies for each
participant. Also available on audiocassette.
- Leader's Resource Guide-with session guide, reproducible handouts,
activities, parent survey, certificate of participation as well as
additional aids on specific topics important to today's parents.
- One DVD - models STEP skills parents can use right
away, and includes segments for parent educators filled with tips on how to lead a parenting group. Closed captioned.
- Full-color workshop announcement posters.
Additional programs also available:
Early Childhood STEP